Sunday, May 17, 2015

The moment a Sikh man breaks strict religious protocol and removes his turban to help save life of little boy

The moment a Sikh man breaks strict religious protocol and removes his turban to help save life of little boy


New Zealand student Harman Singh, 22, broke strict religious protocol by taking off his turban to help save the life of a child hit by a car. He has been heralded as a hero. Singh removed his turban to help cradle the bleeding head of a five-year-old boy who had been hit by a car on his way to school.

The moment a Sikh man breaks strict religious protocol and removes his turban to help save life of little boyHe has been praised internationally for his actions (Picture: Facebook).

Mr Singh heard the accident take place outside his home, before running outside to investigate. He broke strict Sikh protocol by removing his turban. Turbans become a part of a Sikh’s body and are usually removed only in the privacy of their own house. Normally this is in the most intimate of circumstances, when bathing the head, or washing the hair.


Since the incident occurred, Mr Singh has received thousands of messages and comments on his Facebook page. ‘Thousands of people have said “well done”. I was only doing what I had to and trying to be a decent member of the community,’ he said.


‘I wasn’t thinking about the turban. I was thinking about the accident and I just thought “He needs something on his head because he’s bleeding”. That’s my job – to help. And I think anyone else would have done the same as me.’


He added: ‘Thousands of people have said “well done”. I was only doing what I had to and trying to be a decent member of the community.


‘Thanks to all who messages, calls… thanks all the worldwide Facebook members who messaged me. I think i just did my job nothing else.’


Source: UK Daily Mail



The moment a Sikh man breaks strict religious protocol and removes his turban to help save life of little boy

No comments:

Search This Blog! Follow us @Yahoodstweet on Twitter. SHARE on FACEBOOK and TWEET OUR POST!

Popular Posts